The Marucci Elite high school travel ball program began in Baton Rouge, LA, and quickly gained national prominence by winning several national championship tournaments. In 2013, a group of Marucci Sports partners, including former MLB All-Star Adam Dunn, expanded the program into Texas under the name Marucci Houston. A youth baseball program (ages 9-14), playing as the “Marucci Houston Bulls”, was formed in the Fall of 2013. In the Summer of 2014, Marucci Houston added a high school program (ages 15-17) that was aimed at helping players garner exposure and attention from college coaches and professional scouts.
In the Fall of 2016, with expansion in mind, the youth and high school programs were rebranded, and the Marucci Elite Texas era was born. While Houston is the home of Marucci Elite Texas, we have expanded our reach throughout the state of Texas with affiliates in Dallas/Fort Worth, San Antonio, Corpus Christi, and East Texas (Tyler).
KEY ORGANIZATIONAL ASPECTS
Focus Through Discipline
Player Health & Nutrition
Subject Matter Excellence
Communication & Feedback
Family Commitment & Participation
WHAT TO EXPECT
- — Detailed organizational structure and communication
- — Focus on skill development and individual/team fundamentals
- — A development program designed for players of ALL skill levels
- — 2 professionally-run practices each week
- — Detailed and disciplined instruction
- — Competitive, high-rep, high-intensity practices
- — Physical conditioning
- — 10-12 tournaments (Spring); 5-6 tournaments and Sunday League (Fall)
- — Formal parent/player/coach evaluation meetings
- — Fun, family-oriented setting and environment
HIGH SCHOOL PROGRAM:
- — Focus on development, exposure, and showcasing each player’s abilities
- — Detailed instruction with a “next-level” approach to the game
- — Expertise in the recruiting process
- — 2 professionally-run practice each week during the Summer and Fall
- — 7-8 heavily recruited college showcases and tournaments during the Summer
- — 6-8 college showcases during the Fall
We are always on the lookout for qualified coaches that can enhance our organization, as well as our player’s and families’ experience. Our Spring season runs from January through June, and consists of two practices each week, and 10-12 tournaments. The Fall season runs from September-December, and consists of two practices each week, and 5-6 tournaments and a Sunday League. College or professional experience is preferred, but not required. Coaches must be able to follow the Marucci Elite Texas values and development curriculum. If interested, please email a current resume and any questions to Lavelle Morgan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BECOME A PART OF THE MARUCCI ELITE TEXAS FAMILY
We are excited at the opportunity to offer our brand of baseball in other markets, and to work with all current and future affiliates, and their staffs, who are aligned with all aspects and values of the Marucci Elite Texas brand. If you currently have a team or teams, and are interested in joining one of our current affiliates, or becoming and affiliate program, please email Jordan Venable at email@example.com or Chris Schultea at firstname.lastname@example.org. There are several different options and packages to choose from, when becoming a part of the Marucci Elite Texas organization. Please note that any potential new Marucci Elite Texas team/affiliate must abide by the same values and development curriculum of the Marucci Elite Texas organization.